Wednesday, September 19, 2012

5 smaller useful tweaks in iOS 6


iOS 6 became available for download today and if you want to get up to speed on what exactly is included with update, check out my review here. Some of the major highlights are the completely redesigned Maps app, upgrades to Siri, and several other new features. But with iOS 6 there are over 200 new features and clearly I couldn't cover them all in my review.


Part of what makes this update a must-have for Apple's mobile devices are the numerous smaller tweaks that make using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch easier. I'm talking about the little conveniences that are an upgrade to previous versions that take away unnecessary steps or add a smart feature for your everyday phone use. I've rounded up five that I came across in my testing, but there are certainly many I could list here.


(Credit: CNET)

Hourly weather Not everybody will use this feature, but when you work on the often foggy streets of San Francisco, you never know what kind of weather your going to get throughout the day. A common thing in this office is to ask the people around you, "Anyone been outside? Do I need a jacket?" Sure, we're spoiled with weather here for the most part and I can see when it's raining obviously, but it's not so clear what the weather is really like from the 6th floor window.


In iOS 6, I can go to the regular weather app on my home screen, find my city (which is often alread... [Read more]



via CNET http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cnet/NnTv/~3/KNehWZ4f0eQ/


No comments:

Post a Comment