Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Poll: Would you choose a 'Star Wars' or 'Star Trek' universe?


(Credit: bestonlineengineeringdegree.com)

I've gotten together with my friends Chewbacca and Scotty to unveil a little machine we've been working on. This combination of a transporter and souped-up Millennium Falcon allows passengers to travel to a sci-fi universe. We're handing the controls over to you. Where would you like to go?


This week, we shared an infographic comparing the technologies of "Star Wars" and "Star Trek," and it sparked a spirited discussion among fans of the famous franchises.


Reader methos2000 brought up an interesting point: "The best argument I ever read regarding Star Wars vs Star Trek came from the perspective of which universe would you rather live in."


Personally, I could see myself as a tenured teacher at Star Fleet Academy, taking the occasional tourist space jaunt and running a Tribble ranch in my spare time. Other folks are much more inclined to jump into Jedi training and pick up a lightsaber.


Reader Melanthrus strongly prefers "Star Wars," but would rather li... [Read more]



via CNET http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cnet/NnTv/~3/0X2D4t5v3nc/


No comments:

Post a Comment