Woven is aiming to create some order out of the chaos that is your photos.
If you're anything like me, your collection of photos are in a number of disparate places, from Facebook to Instagram, as well some stored on a smartphone, with others on a PC. Sure, there's Dropbox, but who's going to pay for that much storage?
So Woven, created by a Boston start-up called Litl, is a nice, if basic, start to the organization of all your albums, drawing from a variety of different sources. It's designed to be a one-stop shop photo gallery. I've tried the app for a little bit, and it's not half bad. The app, available on iOS, Android, the Kindle Fire, and the Nook, draws from within the device, Facebook, Dropbox, Flickr, Instagram, Photobucket, Picasa, Shutterfly, SmugMug, and Microsoft's SkyDrive. It also has an uploader tool that allows you to send iPhoto images from a Mac. Litl is working on a similar tool for PCs as well.
Woven accepts several sources of photos.
(Credit: Screenshot by Roger Cheng/CNET)
The collection of photos is nice, providing the same pinch-to-zoom function and filed under boldly written folder names. I did, however, have a hiccup drawing in Facebook photos. I'm still waiting for the company to respond to the issue.
Still, I found the app a little lacking, and it isn't that much of a hassle to pull up the iPhone's photo galle... [Read more]
via CNET http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cnet/NnTv/~3/Q5dqGMtXSgE/
No comments:
Post a Comment