Thursday, August 30, 2012

WD adds USB 3.0 and high-speed HDD to Mac external storage solutions


The new My Book VelociRaptor Duo comes with two super-fast VelociRaptor hard drives as its internal storage.


(Credit: Dong Ngo)

WD has just upgraded its storage solutions for Macs on both USB and Thunderbolt fronts.


The storage vendor today announced its first USB 3.0-based portable drives for Macs, the My Passport for Mac, and a new Thunderbolt drive, the My Book VelociRaptor Duo.


The new My Passport for Mac from WD.


(Credit: WD)

Apart from USB 3.0, the My Passport for Mac also increases the capacity to 2TB while remaining compact and portable. The reason WD waited until now to release a Mac portable drive that supports USB 3.0 is because USB 3.0 has just been added to the new version of the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air computers. The drive comes with just one Micro-USB 3.0 port, and an included Micro-USB cable that works for both data and power connections. The new My Passport for Mac also works with USB 2.0 ports.


The My Book VelociRaptor Duo, on the other hand, is the second dual-band Thunderbolt drive from WD, the first bei... [Read more]



via CNET http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/cnet/NnTv/~3/Fshd8SzpaF0/


No comments:

Post a Comment